Irvine, Calif.— TODAY, Dave Min, UC Irvine law professor and candidate for California’s 37th State Senate District, was endorsed by Representative Pete Aguilar of California’s 31st Congressional District. His endorsement comes on the heels of a number of others – including Representatives Gil Cisneros, Ted Lieu, Alan Lowenthal, and Judy Chu; CA State Controller Betty Yee; Newport Local AFT 1794, and others – as well as the campaign’s announcement that it had raised its first $100,000 in less than one month.
“Dave Min is prepared to deliver what his District needs in Sacramento – pragmatic leadership focused on expanding economic opportunity for people of all income levels,” said Rep. Aguilar. “Owing to years of work as a policy expert, Dave is solutions-focused and ready to lead on Day One on Orange County’s big issues, such as protecting healthcare access and promoting alternative forms of energy. I’m incredibly proud to give him my endorsement for State Senate District 37.”
Rep. Aguilar, who has represented San Bernardino County in Congress since 2015, was recently re-elected in 2018 and currently serves on the House Appropriations Committee.
“I am so grateful for this endorsement,” said Dave Min. “Rep. Aguilar has been a staunch champion for our shared Democratic values in Congress – such as expanding healthcare access and strengthening our economy for the middle class. I look forward to continuing this vital work in Sacramento, where I will put my policy skills to use making Orange County a better place to live for all people.”
Rep. Aguilar’s endorsement adds to a broad and fast-growing coalition of early supporters of Min’s State Senate run. Since announcing his candidacy on January 8th, Min has been endorsed by a number of elected officials, local activists, and organizations, including:
- Newport-Mesa Federation of Teachers AFT 1794
- California State Controller Betty Yee
- Jenny Bach, California Democratic Party Secretary
- Congressman Gil Cisneros
- Congressman Ted Lieu
- Congresswoman Judy Chu
- Congressman Alan Lowenthal
- Congressman Scott Peters
- Congressman Mark Takano
- California State Assembly Member Patrick O’Donnell
- David Ryu – Los Angeles City Council Member
- Sukhee Kang – Former Irvine Mayor
- MaryAnn Gaido – Former Irvine City Council Member
- Ross Chun – City of Aliso Viejo Mayor Pro Tempore
- Tiffany Ackley – Aliso Viejo City Councilwoman
- RL Miller – Chair of California Democratic Party Environmental Caucus
- Ali Taj – Artesia City Council Member
- Valerie Amezcua – Santa Ana Board of Education
- Andrew Rodriguez – Walnut Mayor Pro Tem
- Sherri Loveland – Women’s rights advocate
- Louise Adler – Founding member of Women in Leadership, local women’s leader
- Judge Lynne Riddle (ret.) – Planned Parenthood board, activist, retired federal bankruptcy judge
- Sarah Miller – Deputy Director, Open Market Institute
- Robin Ganahl – Orange County Clean Energy Advocate and Organizer
A full endorsement list can be found HERE.
David Min is a University of California Irvine Law Professor, father of three, and a former economic policy staffer in the United States Senate and for the Center for American Progress. Min began his legal career at the Securities and Exchange Commission to protect the retirement security of seniors, turning down high paying jobs to serve the public interest. He is a leading expert on banking and housing policy.
California State Senate District 37 is located in Orange County and includes the communities of Anaheim, Costa Mesa, Foothill Ranch, Huntington Beach, Irvine, Laguna Beach, Laguna Woods, Newport Beach, Orange, Tustin, and Villa Park.