Irvine, Calif. — Dave Min, UC Irvine law professor and candidate for California’s 37th State Senate District, today announced his State Senate campaign had raised over $300,000 since launching in January.
The announcement comes on the heels of a broad coalition of endorsements from organizations and local elected officials, including: Newport-Mesa Federation of Teachers AFT 1794; UC-AFT; The Californian Asian & Pacific Islander Legislative Caucus; California State Controller Betty Yee; California Democratic Party Secretary Jenny Bach; and Representatives Gil Cisneros, Ted Lieu, Judy Chu, Ami Bera, Pete Aguilar, and Alan Lowenthal.
Most important was the number of contributions coming from individuals. Out of the 854 individual donors who contributed to the campaign, nearly 60% were from State Senate District 37.
“We are overwhelmed by the broad base of support we are receiving for this campaign in State Senate District 37,” said Dave Min. “As a father and a professor, I know that John Moorlach and Donald Trump do not reflect the values of Orange County voters. The time is now to vote for elected officials who will uphold our values and fight for the interests of every member of our diverse communities. I am proud that we are running a people-powered campaign.”
Since announcing his candidacy on January 8th, Min has been endorsed by a broad coalition of elected officials, local activists, and organizations, including:
- Newport-Mesa Federation of Teachers, AFT 1794
- University Council – American Federation of Teachers
- California Asian & Pacific Islander Legislative Caucus
- Coast Federation of Classified Employees
- California Controller Betty Yee
- Congressman Pete Aguilar
- Congressman Ami Bera
- Congresswoman Judy Chu
- Congressman Gil Cisneros
- Congressman Ted Lieu
- Congressman Alan Lowenthal
- Congressman Andy Kim
- Congressman Scott Peters
- Congressman Mark Takano
- Assemblymember Patrick O’Donnell
- Assemblymember Sharon Quirk-Silva
- California Democratic Party Secretary Jenny Bach
- CDP Environmental Caucus Chair RL Miller
- Orange County Board of Education Trustee Beckie Gomez
- Mayor of Aliso Viejo Ross Chun
- Mayor of Fullerton Jesus Silva
- LA City Councilmember David Ryu
- Aliso Viejo Councilmember Tiffany Ackley
- Councilmember Jocelyn Yow
- Laguna Woods Councilmember Shari Horne
- Garden Grove Councilmember Diedre Nguyen
- Artesia Councilmember Ali Taj
- Democratic Party of Orange County Chair Emeritus Fran Sdao
- Santa Ana Board of Education Valerie Amuezca
- Local School Board Trustee Barbara Schulman
- Centralia School District Trustee Jerry Flores
- Mt. SAC College Board of Trustees Jay Chen
- LA Community College Board President Mike Fong
- Chair of South County Labor Ray Cordova
A full endorsement list can be found HERE.
David Min is a University of California Irvine Law Professor, father of three, and a former economic policy staffer in the United States Senate and for the Center for American Progress. Min began his legal career at the Securities and Exchange Commission to protect the retirement security of seniors, turning down high paying jobs to serve the public interest. He is a leading expert on banking and housing policy.
California State Senate District 37 is located in Orange County and includes the communities of Anaheim, Costa Mesa, Foothill Ranch, Huntington Beach, Irvine, Laguna Beach, Laguna Woods, Newport Beach, Orange, Tustin, and Villa Park.